Dr. T. Mike Hsieh sat down with Dr. David Granet to discuss diagnosing, treating, and living with low testosterone. Here are a few key takeaways from their talk:
- Chemically, testosterone is a steroid hormone.
- Andropause is the term for when a man’s testosterone level begins to decrease.
- Restoring a hormone balance along with lifestyle changes can promote healthy weight loss.
- Testosterone is the same in everyone’s body but the hormone receptors we have are very different. Men with less sensitive receptors are more susceptible to testosterone-based health issues.
- Testosterone is not a magic bullet to aging.
To learn more about low testosterone, Low Testosterone with T. Mike Hsieh on Health Matters.